It's easy with Motability! You choose the vehicle, we do the rest.
Motability is a national charity, set up on the initiative of the Government in 1977, to assist disabled people with their mobility needs. They direct and oversee the Motability Scheme which, enables disabled people to obtain a vehicle, powered wheelchair or scooter simply by using their government-funded mobility allowances.
No waiting lists. No credit checks. No assessments required.
At Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, we believe that going for a drive should be accessible to everyone. That’s why we’ve partnered with Motability to offer some of our vehicles as part of their scheme.
Motability is the leading vehicle scheme for disabled people. They supply vehicles to over 460,000 motorists by exchanging their mobility allowance for a vehicle.
If you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement, getting a new vehicle is easier and more affordable than ever. Through Motability, you simply turn part or all of your allowance into the vehicle of your choice. Many models come with £Nil advance payment.
Contact us for more details.
The Motability Scheme enables people in receipt of specific government-funded mobility allowances lease a new vehicle, giving easy access to safe, reliable and affordable transport. Those eligible must receive one of the following payments and have at least 12 months remaining on their allowance:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disabled Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
If you are the parent, guardian or carer of a child between the ages of three and 16 who receives the HRMC DLA, you could also be eligible to lease a vehicle.
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles offers a range of benefits to customers choosing to lease one of our vehicles through The Motability Scheme.
- A new Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle every three years
- All servicing and maintenance
- Tyre→ replacement
- Windscreen repair and replacement
- Breakdown cover with RAC Motability Assist
- Insurance→ for two named drivers
Who can drive?
The Motability Scheme insurance includes two named drivers as standard. These drivers can be the disabled customer and another person, or two carers of the customer.
All named drivers should live within 5 miles of the customer, possess a valid driving licence and have no convictions, disqualifications or endorsements within the last five years.
- Drivers under 25 are limited to vehicles with ABI Insurance Group 16 or under and power below 122PS
- Only one named driver below age 21 is permitted, who must live at the customer's address
- The vehicle is insured for social, domestic and pleasure use as well as travel to a single place of work
- If you require a third named driver or coverage for business use, please contact RSA Mobility→ directly